Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nice end to the night

Earlier I played in a $10 rebuy Omaha tournament and whilst I didn't really think I played that well at any point, I made it to 21st out of 180something but annoyingly it was 3 short of the money! 3 hours for zero cash and -$31

The evening session saw 2 $5 stts, which I came third in one, nothing in the other, some $2/$4 limit cash which I am up $27 at the moment but I must stop calling silly calls. I called a hand earlier with a low straight (8,9,10, J board and I had 7) Obviously matey had the Q as he raised my bet but I still called and it ended up costing me $20 when it didn't need too (can't spell unnecessarly - is that correct lol) anyway, a couple of these bad calls cost me probably about $50 in total, I'd be nicely up if it wasn't for them. I think I'm getting ok at limit poker, I just need to cut these calls out.

Also played a $10 rebuy turbo sat to the nightly $150 and won a seat! Spent $31 in total for this and came out with $162 T$! I did get a bit lucky though. With blinds of 3000/6000 and me on 5,500ish and next in the big blind, I was moved table and to the opposite end of the table - another 5 people in the BB before me! When it was finally my time for the bb, it was 6000/12000 and I only had 4.4k ish and 45o, one of the chip leaders called (he was calling for value really, both to the person all in and to help knock out players - can't complain) anyway, he had K4 and the lovely flop came 6 5 5 and my trips held up. That was the last hand and I was in. I was grateful for the flop too as it really was bubble time - 75 left, 74 spaces to be won!

The satellite trail continues, now with added T$'s.

Night night

1 comment:

matt674 said...

Nice job squire ;)

p.s. Necessarily (for future reference) :)