Friday, January 05, 2007

Average night really. Went out of the $50 $25k guaranteed on Stars with AA against a TTT board and matey held QTo. Played on a cash table and lost my buy in when someone with AT kept calling my pot sized bets on a QJ4 flop (I had QJ) and then the 7 turn and got lucky when the K came on the river. Few hands later he kept calling again for a straight (gutshot) and hit on the river again! Had 2 pairs in both but couldn't shake him so I decided to cut my losses for the night there.

Played the $18 rebuy on Blonde and made the money though, $235 (I think) so it pays for the night. I may give Stars a miss for a bit, I can't seem to do much there at the moment. I'm going to give cash games a miss for a bit for sure and I think I'll just play tourneys. It's nice to have Silver status on Stars but it doesn't do much for me. The VIP FPP freerolls are usually at bad times for me and I'm not sure what else I actually get out of it. The points are ok, but I don't really know what I'm going to do with them. I'd like the Canon EOS camera but it's 54,000 and I'm only on 9.5k so it's miles off, so I think I'll let my Silver status go this month, although I am only 598 points away from it - that's only 2/3 good nights cash playing really, trouble is I don't want to lose any more money! Actually thinking back, it was PL I lost at tonight, NL I can just bet more and he'd piss off hopefully. Maybe I'll take a couple of days off the cash and see how I get on. I was going to work the FT bonus off this month so it would be a shame to give up completely.

I quite like the $20k on Tribecca. If I can get through the rebuy cheaply, then I'm well away. It's the tourney I had my biggest cash on earlier in the year and the decent cash tonight all helps. Perhaps I'll play it more often and see how we go.

No comments: