Thursday, January 25, 2007

I think some of my problem was playing 3 tables at once. Trouble is, all the tourneys I want to play in a night tend to start at the same time! Anyway, today I was off again so I tried to qualify for the Crypto £8k. First attempt, I bubbled - 6 spaces, I came 7th. Still a couple of quid profit. Second attempt, I came 12th - 10 spaces, but again a couple of quid profit. Third time (sigh) I just didn't do it but at least I ended up a couple of quid overall.

Tonights tourneys saw a 400 fpp sat at 8pm but didn't do much. The $5k rebuy on Tribecca at 9pm which I managed 17th in for just over $140. Quite pleased with that. I seem to be doing ok on Tribecca and with last nights result in the Stars rebuy, I seem to be going ok in rebuys worryingly! I play them quite tight usually, although the last few, I've been loose the first buy in, then played tight the second. This obviously tells me to not bother playing loose at all but you never know eh! I don't end up spending much on them though which is the main thing.

I'm also currently in another 400 fpp sat that starts at 10pm which I quite like and it's going, well ok I guess. I'm in my usual struggling for cards and chips spot but I'm used to the position and I do have 3.5k in chips to play with and the blinds are only 100/200 so I need to do something soon, but I'm not in immediate danger. So far I've seen 10% of flops!

I've also been reflecting on last nights hands. The AA losing in the fpp sat was just unlucky. I can't fold them preflop and it was a chance to take a massive lead. If someone wants to go in with AJo then it's down to him.

The cash hands were just bad play by me. I just didn't spot the straight in the AA loss and didn't respect the raise, despite my notes telling me he was a solid player. The other one, I played badly too - just calling bets isn't good when I feel I'm ahead, raise and he probably folds. Bad play, hopefully I've learnt from it. I did end the cash session just down the one buy in after I made back my second loss not letting someone draw for the flush cheaply - lesson learnt then and hopefully I wont do it again.

More upbeat mood today and also my camera came :) Happy times, I just need to work out how it all works now.....oh and pay for it!

1 comment:

matt674 said...

Also another thing you have to remember is: "its just an FPP tourney". Some players who enter these aren't taking them too serious, some players who enter aren't tournament players - they are cash game players using up their fpp's and some players are just downright awful!!!

Basically you are playing in a freeroll so you cant really complain if none of your opponents are playing to a standard you would like - and at the end of the day like you say you want people sticking it all in preflop when you have AA!!

As a suggestion i'd say not multi-tabling two different varieties of game so when you are in a MTT then dont play at a cash game and visa versa. When you've got your tournament head on it would be easy to see how your cash game will suffer.