Monday, March 26, 2007

Was going to play the $5k on iPoker today but for some strange reason the tourney never started so that was that. The only other tourney that was going to start with a reasonable time was the £8k on Crypto so I signed up for it. All was going well until I got 88 on a 9 high board. Agressive caller/raiser was in the hand so I checked and called his all in and he rivered an ace to knock me out. At least I went in with the best hand. My mistake was checking and not pushing, he'd have probably called anyway with his AQs but at least I'd have gone in first.

My drought on the $6 18 mans has come to an end with a 2nd. I'm a mug though for checking down a 5k pot when 3rd was all in. Checked down with KQ after hitting a king on the flop. He's bet 800 on the river and I've called and he's hit a 6 on the river to match the 2 he hit on the flop. Gutted, I can't believe that I still let people check down, I never get similar respect, someone always bets out on the river and I regret it. The pot was pretty key as he then had a 4/1 chip lead on me and when I pushed with K9s, his T4s hit the 4 on the river but I didn't have enough chips to take the hit. Played ok, the real thing that let me down was checking down to get the 3rd place out.

Lesson learned and I'm never doing it again if I have a decent hand on the flop. If you're on a table with me, let me know you're happy to check it down cos I ain't doing it otherwise :)

Will update stats another time.

No comments: