Friday, March 16, 2007

Despite my resolution to stop playing cash on Stars, I've been playing there. I'm going to have to stop now though, I just can't win there. Today I lost all my sit down mainly on two hands, one with KQs hitting two pairs to mateycallerboy who called with 73o preflop and hit trips with the 7 and also with my pocket 7's making a full house on the flop, someone ships it in with trips and I'm laughing until the river brings him a better full house! I just can't get hands to stand up on Stars at the moment and it's cost me about $200 in the last couple of days. I did manage to build my account from the $96 to $300 but then playing cash and I'm back down again. Shame really, I also made 5th spot money in an omaha tourney the other day so that makes the loss look even worse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not overly fussed. On Mansion and Blonde poker, I'm going well. My initial investment on Mansion has quadrupled, and I'm small amounts up on Blonde so I can cover the losses ok, but that's really it on Stars cash games now, I'll stick to the profitable sites.

Last nights live game went okish from the view that I didn't really make any mistakes. I was always lowish after the first break. Last hand before the break, I only had 1500 chips and the blinds were 400/800 and obviously going to go up. Didn't want to hang around only to be out straight away so I lumped them in with Q8s, hit and managed to treble up. First hand after the break I was dealt KK - lovely, raised to 3600, matey in SB puts me all in and flips pocket 7's but sadly a 7 came on the flop and that was it. Shame really as winning that would probably have seen me through to the FT, but alas it wasn't to be. Good night though, I enjoy going there. If it were closer, I'd go more often probably.

Mansion $100k again tonight. Hoping for a better performance again. I'm determined to make the money once at least.

No comments: