Sunday, March 18, 2007

Quite a nice night.

Decided to play the $25 rebuy on Stars satellite to the WSOP $650 ME satellite and won a seat. Took a really nice pot early on for 21k when the average was only about 7k but it was a turbo and the blinds soon become to sick to play with. Managed to hang in and did eventually win a seat (which I cashed in) but it came right to the end. Ended when the blinds were on 15k/30k and antes of 2k, I had 1900 left but was ok from the blinds and thankfully managed to avoid the next hand. I was in position 55 and they were paying 54 (53 seats and $450 for 54) for what seemed a long time but I managed to get away with it and am $650 better off for it!

I may have a bash at the $160 DS to qualify - bit nervy about spending that much on a game but I have the money from the win and I would love to go to the WSOP. Trouble is I don't expect they are easy! That said, the satellites to them are $5 rebuys so the quality may not be that great, but then it could be superb! Who knows. I'll have to try - perhaps I'll give one a go and see how I get on!

Still managing to lose money on cash games though :( Thank God I'm getting rakeback from these on Blonde, I may just break even with the rakeback but I really need to look at the hands I'm losing with.

Good night though, pleased with the Stars result, I think I have some good mtt's in me, I just wish I could do the cash as well.

No comments: