Monday, December 04, 2006

Poker Highs and Lows

It's amazing the swings that you go through playing cash games. Playing them is slow solid grind and it's not easy to maintain a standard when you're folding hand after hand.

I was a bit disapointed at my early exit in a $50 mtt earlier but losing the $60 when my QQ ran into AA on a low board was a kick in the goolies. $110 down already and I'd only just started for the night. I reloaded with $40 on my losing cash table and carried on playing. It's been a good 4 hours I guess since then and I'd only picked up scraps. I also loaded a PLHE table. Managed to win a nice pot for $30 at the start but slowly it all went down and eventually the table emptied - PLHE doesn't seem to be that popular. In the last hand I played, on a T3775 board, I bet to the river and even on the river MB called, only to show A3!! Amazing, I don't know what he put me on but bottom pair! Anyway, he was right, I was bluffing but I had a straight draw to the end and the only way I was winning was to bet the river, but amazingly he called.

Anyway, back to the original table, I'm sat on $157 at the moment, all losses have been accounted for, even the $50 I spent on the mtt! I did actually play a couple of $5 rebuys to the $175 WPT DS and didn't win, but I'm not really counting that, my W$ is a seperate fund.

No comments: