Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's been a while since I had some decent results but today was a good day. It could have been better but overall, not to shabby.

Started out playing a £1250 guaranteed on DTD earlier. Only 50 or so runners so it was a value tourney and I managed to get 6th for £75. I was a bit disapointed in my exit hand as I decided to make a move with Q9s when it all folded to me and ran in to AK! Not the best but still £75 is better than a poke in the eye. I also managed to win a seat in the £8k at the same time by playing a £3.20 sat. That was the afternoon session done and dusted and at this point I was feeling good.

Then I had a couple of my bets on the football - 2 goals or more in the Man U game and also under 3.5 goals in the Roma match when it was 1-0 with half an hour to go. Anyway, Man U lost 1-0 and Roma won 4-0 - the final goal coming 4 mins into injury time with an own goal.

Back to poker. Stars had a VIP freeroll with 3 WPT-PCA seats and I managed to come about 10,000th. I also entered the $20k $50 mtt and ended up going out to a bigger stack chasing a flush draw - was so gutted about going out in that.

I fired up a $2/$4 cash table and was doing ok but then the river let me down a few times to people chasing flushes, making gutshot straights etc and I'm currently down $60 on that. Ended up $70 down after not being able to claw back any.

No good in the £8k either. Was up to 3rd at one point but after getting a decent run of calling preflop hands and then not hitting anything, I ended up going out in about 115th.

I also decided to have a bash at the $27 rebuy to the $475 WPT sat with my W$ I have and only went and won a seat :) Another $475 for the W$ account - what a way to end the day.

No comments: