Friday, December 08, 2006

OK so I had another go! Tried 50c/$1 limit tonight. Took $30 to the table and pretty soon I was up to $60 - managed to hit everything. Then without warning, I hit nothing and when I did hit, my opponants hit better - trips being called by crappy hands hitting straights - you name it, I've lost with hit - pair of 9's losing to two higher pairs on the board and matey with Ace kicker wins, full house lost to better full houses by a Q3 caller! It's all happened. Still, I'm only back to my initial $30 at the moment. The people seem to play with anything and call to the end. OK if you hit a hand, bit of a problem if it's a risky board. I may try limit for a bit. I'll have another look at a book I have and see what's what. I like the fact that I don't get bet of pots early on in limit. To easy to get all in in NLHE and get beat by an idiot just joining the table with a small amount and betting crazy. I also think the thing to do is when I double up at limit, leave the table, pick another and start again having 'banked' some cash.

Liking it so far though but I may have to move up to $1/$2.

No comments: