Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Played the $5 rebuy $25k guaranteed and wasn't really going anywhere prior to the break. Second break saw me in a pretty grim state too but then this hand came and all of a sudden, I'm on over average chips! Next hand I won another pot and was up to 27k. Just had to lay down AQ to a reraise then an all in on the flop - didn't think it was worth it on a ten high flop and am currently on just over 21k - Looking ok so far!

151 hands, 2.5 hours in and the first time I get pocket aces....and they take the pot :) Best starting hand up to now was 77, well, that's the best pocket pair I've had, had AKs and AQ but both haven't done anything yet.

Another wicket gone in the cricket!

Onwards...

Balls - down to 11k

Then out. I seem to not win these situations a fair bit. I know I get my fair share of luckyness like the 95 hand above, but all ins preflop, I tend not to win if it's a coin flip like this one. Take the one above, one ten would have been a big blow, but two was just taking the piss. Perhaps I don't go in to enough of them.

Ah well, lasted a while, shame not to cash though - we were less than 100 from the money. In hindsight, I shouldn't have tried to move with the A8. If I wanted to cash, I should have just waited. I think I'd probably have made the money just folding away, but with an M of only about 4 I can't sit around. At least I got first in, just unlucky to run into a bigger hand.....again.

One day, I'm going to win one of these bigger prize money tourneys. I hope the US Dollar exhange rate has got better by then though :)

Flintoff out, things not looking good for England in the cricket. I think I'll wait till the lunch break then go to bed.

No comments: