Thursday, August 30, 2007

Goodbye Plymouth

I had decided that I was going to be playing tight for most of the last blonde/Virgin tourney tonight. The first couple of levels passed with me just folding then on level 3 (I think it was) I was quite pleased to see pocket aces. An early raise was nice, perhaps I'd pick up more than the blinds, so I repopped a large amount of about 3 times the raise. I'm repopped instantly all in, well, they were all in, I had 750 left. Flips over pocket 10's and my smile faded quickly as another ten came on the flop followed by the last one on the river.

Down but not out, I was hanging in there and was eventually dealt Jacks, a prompt call by pocket 4's saw my exit as they too managed to hit trips and I was out in lowly 29th.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement, all I had to do was play tight and I'd be on the trip to Plymouth for the £1000 ME next week.

I'm just so appauled at pocket 10's moving all in so early on in a tourney. Words just fail me at the moment. It was about 2 hours ago and I'm still gutted about it. All in with a pair of 10's so early on.

No comments: