Friday, August 10, 2007

The step up in buy in level seems to be having a worse effect than I had hoped. I didn't think I was playing that bad, but people seem to be happy to call my preflop raises with any two cards, then if they bet out on the flop and I reraise them all in, they seem happy to call on a draw, which they seem to hit. My pocket pairs seem to lose to rag aces and I can't seem to catch a break recently. Perhaps it's just all evening up with my good form prior to moving up the levels, I don't know, but I do know it's annoying watching Q8 call your preflop raise, then seem happy to call an all in on a flush draw.

That said, had I called the small raise in second hand, my pocket 4's would have turned in to a lovely full house and had I not tried to bluff my way on a KQ999 board with AJ, I'd have had some more chips and not found myself in the desperate situation
where I am trying to get someone off a flush draw.

So far I've played 1 x $55, 1x$20 rebuy ($42 invested) and 1x$24 on FT with zero returns.

I'm not going to give up yet, I can do it, I just need to catch a break, well, I just need others not to catch a break, I've been ahead when my chips have gone all in.


edit:sigh! Never ends, KJ decided to call my raise but my AA were no match, then next hand I have AJ in the sb, button calls, I push, button has KK, obv no ace to save me and I'm out.

No comments: