Monday, November 20, 2006

My main problem in cash games is that I call big raises with what seems an ok hand but it's not the nuts. Lost my money last night calling with TT on a 7 high board to AA. The $40 raise wasn't enough to put me off and I called. I've just now lost $40 calling an all in with AKs on a JQrag board because the other guy has been playing all sorts of crap (calling a $3 raise with T2o and alike) Why do I assume that I'm going to win? I never do. It's real money too and it's costing me a fortune yet I can't seem to sort it out. I think I don't want to get an image that I can be bullied which is probably a crap excuse.

Made the money in a small mtt last night too which I was pleased with. My exit hand was a bit bad play. I had JJ and about 10k (blinds quite high - all in stages) and a big stack was BB. I only raised to $4k and made it cheap for him to call with A7 and the ace came on the flop but I pushed first. All in preflop was the answer. I may still have lost but at least he wouldn't have been in cheaply.

No comments: