Thursday, November 30, 2006

Feeling sorry for myself

Went out in an omaha tourney on Stars when my trip queens lost to trip kings, then my full house lost to a better full house. Final hand of that, my Q high flush lost to an ace high flush. Made the final table of the sat to the 8k on Crypto, went out in 7th. Played a triple shootout to the $1m on Stars, move in on Ace Rag Rag board with AQ, MB with A8 calls and hits an 8 on the turn. Lost large percentage of my stack in a £20 mtt trying to bluff a straight on an Ace 2 4 6 board only for MB with pair of aces to keep calling me, then went out with T5 on a 6 8 T board when MB called with T8. I only tried the bluff because it was a crappy board and I was getting blinded away. The Poker Gods seem to be giving me decent hands at the start of tourneys at the moment then nothing for hour. I think they are testing me. My mtt game is pretty good at the moment but perhaps my patience needs working on. How long can a man go in an online tournament without trying to make a move? A bit longer aapparently.

The missus is out tonight so it's poker again (well it would be anyway) Hopefully I'll do better later.

No comments: