Thursday, November 30, 2006

Monkeys at low levels

Playing an $3 triple shootout to the $1m on Stars and there's two mateyboys that are happy to move all in for 30 chips (SB & BB so yes, 1st level still) I comment that it's not the best play in the world and they're all "ooo what's your book called" and "call then, it's only a bluff" crap like that. Anyway, I do call one of the MB's, take all his chips and am looking good. I take down a couple more and I'm heads up on the first table with over 5k in chips and MB has 2k ish. He moves all with AT preflop and I call with AQs. Needless to say he hits a ten. Now the blinds are only 50/100 at this point - it was a big move imo. The later, I have AA on an 6T22 board, he bets, I move all in, he's got AT and hits another ten on the river, game over. Then, he says "gg" to me. OK it's polite but it wasn't, he got damn lucky, twice so I told him. "BS, you're just not as good as you think you are" was the comment. Now, I was only pointing out earlier that moving all in for 50 chips or so isn't the best idea in the world. When I took MB1 out with a straight to his pair of 7's (7 was the low card on the board btw) I would have assumed that my point was valid. Also, he said that he could read my game and that's how he won! What he read that I played solid hands only and he still moved all in with a pair of tens! I didn't play one hand bad in the game but he wouldn't have that he got lucky.

I'm done with the small stakes mtt's. Last night I played for about 4 hours for a measly $7. I'd rather play less of them and be more choosy in those I do play. It's not the bad play I mind, it's when you comment and they don't get the idea and think they've outplayed you. It's also the money. In a mtt, unless you make top 7, there's not the money to justify it.

Damn, and I've just had a 0-0 in the +1 goal betting :(

1 comment:

matt674 said...

nothing wrong with monkey's at any level!!

Yours sincerely
"monkey boy"