Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Went to the pub on Saturday for the wetting of a babies head. Needless to say, I was pretty pissed at the end of the night, so after a quick kebab, it seemed only right to fire up NL50 on blonde at 1:30am and show them what a lag monster I was. I ended up with a small profit, but it wasn't always going so good. Earlier I had decided to raise PF with K6, then bet out to the turn and check raise the river with nothing but was called by something I was too drunk to remember. No chips came my way so I guess I lost. Thankfully the missus came down to see what all the noise was about and tusked at me playing poker. I waited till the blinds came to me and closed down.

Back to normality. It's a slow process, but I'm moving in the right direction. I only had a small NL100 session tonight and I started out ok, but then I felt I wasn't playing right so I actually had the discipline to call it a night. Firstly, I was in a $10 mtt on Party and trying to play more aggressive than normal, but the problem was that everyone is happy to get it in with anything. Anyway, needless to say I didn't last too long and that was that. Then I pretty much played badly in my Step 3 on Stars which is damn annoying. I ended up pushing with 7's but was instacalled by AJ who not only flopped a Jack, but a flush draw and basically kicked my arse. I was a bit surprised by him only having AJ and calling for most of his stack, but then I let myself get into the position where I'm pushing with a small pair which is even more disappointing, especially as it was my fault with no bad beats to moan about.

Anyway back to the cash. It was all going well until these tourney exits, then I made a mistake with a couple of small hands, then stupidly called with AK on a King high flushing and paired board, but it was an obvious flush that took the pot and I decided that I'd call it a night with a small ($45) profit for the night.

Since the start of the month, I'm up $320 playing NL100. I've played just over 3600 hands and am running at 4.42 PTBB/100 - not sure if that's good for full ring games, but I'm quite pleased as I'm enjoying the increase in bankroll for a chance. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty boring playing nitty, but when I'm involved in hands, it's good fun and most important, my account is going up. I'm going to stay at this level until I reach proper bankroll requirements for NL200. It's obviously going to take ages to get there but I'm happy at NL100 for now. Not so sure I'm going to make gold this month though.

1 comment:

LeKnave said...

Keep it up G.

In regards to trying to play loose in the early stages of Party donkaments; its pretty pointless as they are all amazingly loose passive! Just nit it up and get it all in in a super good spot which are amazingly easy to find!