Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Me grinding at NL100 is a painful process. I seem to get going then I get knocked back again. Today, started off ok, made $40, then lost it this afternoon. This evening, I won a pot and was up $35, then I stupidly called someone all in preflop for $35 with QQ and then lost a couple of other small pots and all of a sudden I'm on a losing day. I guess that's why you need to be properly rolled for the game you are going to play!

On the plus side, I'm less than 300 points away from making Silver on Stars this month. I really wanted to get Gold but unless I stop losing big pots for all my profits, it's going to be hard getting there.

NL100 is definitely where I want to play though, I'm thinking about more things and not playing as loose because it's 'only 10p to call', it's 50p minimum now and the pots are of a size where it really does matter so I think I'll stay here and just hope not to go busto. It does get my heart pumping when I'm involved in pots here too which is pretty exciting. I don't think I'll make the next level in the reward scheme on Stars playing lower levels, so I guess I'll have to stay here.

The other plus side of course is that I'm actually up overall for the month so far, not by a lot, but I'm showing a profit of just under $80 (woo go me!) Could be worse, I've had plenty of months playing tourneys that have been negative so any plus is good.

No comments: