Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm sort of playing out of my BR on blonde poker atm. I thought I'd be disciplined and play NL20, but tbh, it's doing my head in and I can't cope with it. I started out ok and built up to $160ish from an initial $100, then I lost it....all pretty much so I redeposited $100 and made a few $$. Decided today that NL50 is better, the money means something at least (How can you not call for 10p?) I had a run on Stars too earlier when I was at work. Clearly I should have been working, but I thought playing NL50 on Stars would be good for morale. Well it was till I lost $60 with AK playing like a dick. Obv matey had AA and I lost it all. After a coffee, I reloaded and thankfully managed to get most of my losses back, I think I was around $10 down for the day on Stars, which I'll take. I'll probably have a go tomorrow morning for a bit. Thankfully I have some work I can do at the computer whilst playing so it's not all bad.

On blonde, I started of really bad tonight and I was about $50 down from 2 hours grinding. It's annoying because you see crazies getting it in with rubbish and doubling up, but patience paid off and eventually my night got better.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2206873

Obviously I'm going to continue to play out of my bankroll and hit the NL50 again.

I'm not sure where to concentrate on. On one hand, I get 30% 'loyalty' on blonde, but Stars is just a nice site. Obviously everyone likes free money in the form of rakeback, but at my levels, it's not a lot. Ages ago, I played tonnes of limit in a month and only got about $50 in rakeback, I was a bit disappointed in the lowliness of it all, but the bottom line is that I don't actually rake much. Tonight, according to PT, I raked $4.1, so I might get $1 back. Is the site that's best to play on worth more than the rake? Not sure. I guess I'll continue on blonde to see if I can actually build a proper roll and to help support the site, and I'll continue on Stars because it's the best site out there.

No comments: