Thursday, March 27, 2008

Poker Trillion hates me, it's a fact and I have the proof.

So it's the day of the WSOP mini event thing and I'm on a table of donks - all of them. They're calling all in with bottom pair, no kicker, calling pot sized bluff bets with 2nd bottom pair on a JTKAT board, stuff like that. I've been up a few hundred and down a few hundred and was on 2.1k with blinds at 50/100 so plenty of play left. I'm utg and am dealt pocket queens - lovely, best hand so far so I pop it the pot to 225. One person calls, then the other reraises to 1000. Now I've seen him say that he's passed AK to an earlier all in, but he's also bluffed a lot and made some stupid calls so I push all in. He thinks for about five seconds and calls with AQ. Obv the ace comes on the river and my WSOP dream is over for a bit. It was only an 8 man sit and go and the winner is off to Vegas, I wait ages for a decent hand then some idiot gets lucky and I'm first out.

Playing the 20 Euro deepstack and I'm dealt pocket 5's so I raise from late position to 525 and get a caller. The flop comes 3TQ so I make a continuation bet of about 900 so just under the pot. Caller calls again. Lovely 5 on the turn and I bet the pot, he calls - ok, what's he got here? I'm thinking AQ, AT? so when the ace comes on the river and I shove for my last 2k, imagine my surprise when he shows KJ!

Two tourneys, two bad beats, thanks Trillion. Off all the nights to suck out on me, really, tonight was a real pisser.

No comments: