Monday, March 10, 2008

I've decided that I'm going to go for either Silver or Gold on Stars this month and the only way I can do it is by playing NL100 for a bit. I know I'm probably better off getting the rakeback elsewhere but tbh, the rakeback at my level isn't that great. I'm over half way to silver and have paid about $40 in rake I think, so 30% of that? Hardly worth worrying about. I'm playing like such a nit that I'd prefer to be on Stars at the moment and I think I can make more by being here than the rakeback I'm likely to earn.

I'm really breaking all bank roll rules - I had $240 in my account and decided that I'd buy in for $60 each time and see how we get on. I did get off to an ok start, make a fair bit but Saturday I had a long session but unfortunately managed to also lose a lot (for me) and ended the day $150 down. Sunday I started off with just $127 in the account so could only two table, but I decided to sort my game out and came away with just under $170 profit yesterday so I'm back up over where I started and am pretty pleased with it. The main goal is to make the loyalty scheme next level, so if I play tight and make less than I could do, then it's good providing I make it. I'm hoping to build up some more fpp's and maybe finally spend them.

NL100 is making me think more. There's still plenty of donks about so I will get paid off eventually. Last night, I managed to win a $90 pot with a set of 6's when matey held JTo on a ten high flop. Not sure why he was prepared to get it all in, but it happens all the time so I'm grateful, I could just do with a few more decent hands.

No comments: