Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's funny how I seem to go ages with running bad, then have a result like the tourney win that makes it all worth while. After the win, I even had a few good cash sessions playing NL50. It all seems to have settled down now though. It's been a bad few days and I think I'm probably down about $300 give or take a few bucks. Tried the Stars NL50 tonight and the beats I've taken are unreal. It seems ok to call a pot sized bet on a king high flop with pocket 9's. Obviously you are hitting trips sooner or later, but in the mean time, I'll hit two pair with my AK to make sure I pay you off. I've been check raised all in by someone with nothing who's hit runner runner to double him up too, nothing has gone right. I've just lost out in my omaha tourney 4 short of the money to someone that thought KK58 was a good hand against my ATA7 double suited. Actually it was good when the two fives appeared on the board and the 3rd diamond never appeared for my flush. It's very painful and I wish I'd gone out and only lost £20 at the Western now.

I've withdrawn most of the money I won from Stars now, I'm too worried about losing it after recent days. I know I shouldn't be, but it's a nice amount for me and I need a new oven and hob so I'll get them, and maybe treat myself to something nice too, but nothing that extravagant, there's other things that need buying.

Edit: I decided to do what all the top names (LOL) do when suffering from a bad night and withdraw 2/3rds of my roll and move up a limit to NL100 for a bit, but I tried full ring for a change. I decided to play tight and thankfully it paid off a bit. I'm not actually sure I'd have got more value out of him given that he had nothing so perhaps taking the defensive approach was good in this hand, not sure I played it that well overall.

No comments: