Wednesday, January 09, 2008

scrub that, I'm so full of shit. I don't think I can handle grinding 1c/2c cash games to $80. I'd like to say I've built a bankroll from nothing, but I think the bottom line is that I don't have to therefore I can't be arsed, certianly not by playing cheap cash games where if you win 10c it's making a large % increase to your roll. I may do it with sng's. I can handle them because you don't see what you are playing for and even a $1 stt will pay out $4.50 to the winner - that's two whole buy in's playing cash- do you know how long that will take!

The other bottom like is that unless I am winning, I don't enjoy cash games. I don't enjoy the variance you get in them, I don't enjoy losing large pots and I don't like people that call with rubbish and beat my Aces/Kings/Decent holdings. The plus side is that I do love winning large pots, but that doesn't happen at microstakes. Winning a pot at NL100 is lovely, winning a pot and NL2 is dull and uneventful which is doubley annoying as you've more than likely invested more time in the NL2 pot.

So, where do I go? Well, like I say stt's are an option. My preferred game would be mtt's but the variance is quite high and at my levels, I have to play against over 1000 people. I probably do have enough to give the $55's or the $20 with one rebuy and add on a decent bash, but I'm reluctant to put all my hard earned money on the line going for it, I'd rather build a new roll to do that, hence what I'm trying to do.

I'm not quite sure where this leaves me. I guess we need to ask the question where do I want to be? The answer is - playing the bigger buy in mtt's on a regular basis. Not the mega bucks ones, but I'd like to be able to afford maybe up to the Sunday Million without worrying about it, perhaps playing $55's or $109's on a regular basis.

That bit was easy. Next bit - how am I going to pay for it? Ummmm, I'll answer that later :)

No comments: