Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Last night and tonight I lose out with key hands when I'm massive against my opponent. Both times in the $20 1 rebuy 1 add on. Last night it was AK v KJ, tonight it was AK v AQ. So frustrating that I don't get the rub of the green when it matters most. Thankfully I cashed last night, but tonight, I was out in 71stish. If either hand held up, I'd have been in with a great shout.

Tried a 1000FPP sat to a 10,000 FPP sat and despite not playing a hand for ever, when I raised UTG to 600 (3xBB) I was called by 9Ts who then put me all in and proceeded to hit a straight. That's twice AA cost me a tourney.

But..... it's not all bad beats and nightmares tonight, for I am currently 7 of 14 in another $109 sat to a $800 event with 12 spots paid. I did get a nice hold when my KK was up against AK which moved me from in trouble to 2nd. Then it all folded to me on the button when I had AA. CL was the BB and I just couldn't fold. I min raised to 1200 and he called, both checked the flop then I came to my senses and just folded when he bet the turn. I was probably ahead, but he's a massive CL and can't stop playing despite being safe so I don't need to risk anything. Thankfully I held on and shipped the $800.

Tried a couple of other tourneys too, but nothing happened and didn't cash.

I tried a few turbo sit and go's too and came second in one. Then I took a break to watch a Cardrunners video on how to do turbos properly, then came 5th and 6th in the two I played afterwards!

Mixed night last night. Obviously I'm pleased about the win, but I'm also a bit disappointed about losing so many games. Still, I'm way up overall on the night, even if they are in W$. I don't mind W$ as I'm going to be using them soon to have a bash at the WSOP.

Oh another nice thing, I think for the first time ever, I'm showing a profit in my OPR stats too!

No comments: