Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Doom and Gloom from 2007 sort of ended just before time. I ended up winning a small sit and go as the last game of the year which cheered me up even though it was only a small game, but a win is a win.

2008 started today and I thought I'd redeposit just $20 into Stars and try the $4 180 man sit and goes. Well I tried 3 but the standard is, well, I know it's up to me to call, but people are calling all in with A6 on a 6 T K board and calling to the end because they have overcards. I can't compete with that, nor do I want to as my AK looked pretty good to me on that board!

I decided to deposit a bit more and use $22 of it to play a $20 180 man sng and I'm pleased to say, I made the FT! Sadly I went out in 9th, but still, a FT! I'd forgotten what they felt like! That has made my day.

Also tried the $8 omaha tournament which I quite like but never really got going in that but hung in for a while but I played some 1c/2c omaha cash and someone gave me about $7 to make up for things - nice of him eh :)

I was so so tempted to play the $22 deep stacks tonight, but it doesn't start till 11:15pm so I wasn't sure. Decided against it and thought it would be an idea to play the iPoker $4.5k $16 event instead. Not quite sure why starting at 11:30 is better than one starting 15 mins earlier, I'll just put it down to the blind levels!

So the final games of the night are that and a $10 sng on Stars. I will play the deep stacks one day, it just needs timing right for me.

I've also found a site called Neverbeg.com. It's a staking site for poker so I've decided to put some money into some guys playing some $1.10 45 man sit and goes. Just a bit of fun, nothing serious, hopefully some of them will make me a few bucks, but judging by the results so far, I'm not overly hopeful! Tis entertaining though, and it saves me losing my poker money!

No comments: