Friday, January 18, 2008

I didn't quite manage to make it two from two last night, but I was pleased enough to make the final table and ended up in 7th which wasn't too bad. Not sure I could have done much better to be honest, the cards just weren't coming for long periods and the time I did try to steal, it cost me half my chips when a fairly short guy decided to push AI after my raise for another 1500. Considering I'd raised 4k preflop, I had to call with my AT but his 6's held. Quite surprised that he pushed with 6's though considering I'd been playing tight and every showdown hand I'd had was credible, but then you never know how some people play I guess. Had a nice double up earlier when a new guy came to the table. He was straight in in the big blind and had a healthy stack at the time. It's folded to me on the button and I took a peak at my cards and had the aces. Raised 3xBB (900) I think and he's instantly pushed all in. Obviously I called, but thankfully his K7s didn't beat me on this occasion. Next hand he was all in again and exited the comp with Q3o! Crazy play. Some people comment that they "Can't be bothered, it's only a £20 comp" well, why are they playing in the first place?

The staking plan on Neverbeg is going so so. So far I've staked $190 and I've had $181 returned with one stake still outstanding, but I'm not sure I'll get that back. It's a funny old scheme, but people seem to be very genuine in their play with other people's money. I had one guy that I wanted to turn $5 into $30, he managed to do great and build it up to $25, then decided to play NL25 and lost it all on a pair of 8's on a board with 2 over cards and an opponent showing strength both preflop and on the flop - this was the most disappointing stake I've done because of his bad play at the end but until then, he'd done great It hasn't put me off though and I'll do some more soon I think.

No comments: