Saturday, July 05, 2008

I moved back to 6 max games tonight and I was I was there from the start. There's notable differences between the games. I'm not sure that you need necessarily play more hands, but raising preflop is more profitable and likewise, the continuation bet is also +EV and 3 betting AK is also +EV. I always seem to find in full ring, you'll usually get a caller if you raise preflop, and they generally don't let go with continuation bets. Plus there's the a third more of a chance that someone has a nice hand due to the increase in players at the table of course.

The points rack up a lot quicker on 6 max too. I've amassed about 700 points in 3 hours playing and currently stand on just under 1900. So Silver is out of the way just 2000 more to go to reach the target - 9 hours 6 tabling 6 max? I'll try and get back to 9 tables for my next session but couldn't tonight as I didn't start the night off with enough in my account. Thankfully, I actually made a profit tonight, $48.85, not massive but I still have had a few annoying hands that you just can't do much about. I think I maybe should raise to $1.75 or preflop as a standard raise rather than the 3xBB I usually make, perhaps it will stop the idiots calling me. I think I had 3 hands like this tonight, the one here, JJ called by JQ who flopped a straight and AA v 9T, who again hit a straight on the river, but was happy to get it all in on the flop, but all in all I'm quite pleased with myself tonight.

Stats so far (todays in brackets)

Hands played 5060 (1738)
Profit/Loss-84.60 (48.85)
bb/100 -1.67 (2.81)
Points earned 1894 (708)

I don't think I'll get to play tomorrow either as I'm off out to a bbq early afternoon and am bound to get sloshed and I don't play well when drunk so Sunday is going to be a mammoth push to the finish. To be honest, I don't think I'll do it, but I'm hoping that Stars will have another week where ring games earn 2xFPP and I'll finish it off then. If not, at least I'm Silver and will try and make use of the freerolls etc.

No comments: