Wednesday, November 28, 2007

So I started my challenge on Stars. It wasn't really intended but I managed to go almost busto and only had $11 in my account so rather than reload, I thought I'd give my $10 challenge a go, albeit with $11.

It's been just under two weeks and my first observation is that it's bloody hard at this level. The poker isn't so hard, it's avoiding the bad calls that's the hard bit, it's just amazing. Today I raised preflop to 600 (3xBB) and was called and beaten by T4o.

Anyway, I started off playing 1c/2c NLHE ring games and actually did ok for a while. Managed to double my roll pretty quickly but it's been a bit downhill since then. I managed to lose a massive $5 all in to pocket 8's holding KK but apart from that, I didn't really suffer too many losses. Ironically, my top 5 losing hands at this level include AA, KK and AKs. Was quite surprised at this. My most profitable hands include AKs (thankfully) QT and J8o :D

After the knock back with that monster pot, I moved to LHE but at 0.25/0.50. I wasn't rolled for this yet but played about 100 hands and just managed to not lose anything. Had a go at lower limit LHE but made small losses here.

After just under 1900 hands at this demoraling level, I thought stt's may be the way forward, but there's 20% juice for the $1 stt which is pretty pricey and they're full of bigger idiots/people that can't play than the cash games so I may avoid these again.

So at the moment, my Stars account is on $16.58. My most profitable game is full ring 1c/2c NLHE, I'm running at 24 BB/100 there, but I just not sure I can go back to grinding it out :cry: The only plus side to these is that you don't really need to concentrate so I generally fire two up whilst playing $0.25/$0.50 on another site where I can actually make money!

Anyway, it's just a small record like Knighters on how I can do at the small stakes with the goal of trying to build the account up to wherever.

No comments: