Saturday, November 17, 2007

made it into day to in reasonable shape. Currently on 34,700 ish which is, going by last nights average, just above average.

Been a great day and I'm pleased to have been on tables full of well known poker names. I think the first table I was on was the best for a giggle. Neil Channing, Simon Zach and lots of others - Daniel Something, a young Liverpudian guy, others I can't remember, but they seemed to know each other and it was just good fun and I have to admit, I was a bit disapointed when our table was broken. Not much happened here for me except hitting a FH against a straight. Put me up to 11k and I sort of hovered around there till the table broke.

2nd table saw me on with Roberto, Ross (who I've just found out is Ariston), man does he talk, but he's a great character, the guy who won the Vic leg of this tour, and well, I just don't know who these people are but that's probably a good thing, but another good bunch to be sharing a table with. Ariston did give a bit of a moan when I checked down 3 way in a pot with AQ against his JJ and someone elses AJ. Well, you never know where you stand sometimes do you. He's moaned a bit though, it's all good fun. I was quite surprised when he called Roberto's raise with 73s and then hit two pair thus cracking his aces. Don't think Roberto was too pleased either. I guess the cash games will make up for it. Had a few nice hands at this table and was bumbling along nicely, then just before were broken, I had KK and a shorter stacked pushed with 88. Thankfully my cards held (I hit trips infact) and I took another 10k or so.

Table break again. Moved back to a table with Ariston, Willie Tann, Chaz Chattra, and again, apologies, I just don't know who you all are. I was on about 40k here and tried to raise with AJ but missed the flop with 1 caller, really missed it, raised with ATs against Aristons BB. He put me all in but i passed and he showed KK (good pass) and then I had to pass TT in the BB to a raise from someone that had me well covered. I just didn't want to get into it so late in the day and he showed AK so perhaps that was a good pass too. Thankfully we'll never know.

So on to day 2. I came here with day 2 as my goal and I've made it. Not only that, I'm in reasonable shape.

Cash games here are just sick. I haven't a clue what level the game I watched was at, but some guy paid £225 to see that he was beaten. He said he knew he was beat but he wanted to see! £225. The total pot was around £600 I think. Another pot I saw involved a bluff of £1200, when the other guy called, he just mucked his cards. It's a sick sick game and they're sitting there with thousands like it's nothing. It's just scary, I'll stay away. I did toy with having a bash on the £50 game but I chickened out and decided to throw away £20 on roulette instead - I'm such small fry it's unbelievable Cheesy

I've got to check out at 11am, so I guess I'd better get some kip, The room I'm in is booked out to someone else but there are other rooms I can move too, so I'll probably do that. I did consider moving closer to the hotel as it's about a mile away, but the walk is quite nice actually and probably does me some good if I'm just sitting there all day.

No comments: