Saturday, November 03, 2007

Had to reload my Betfair account yesterday due to some unlucky punts, but managed to turn my £20 into £37.91 today thanks to Chelsea, Villa, Celtic and Rangers all winning (acca and individuals) but I think I may have done a bad thing having just laid Leon to be the next eliminated from the X Factor at 9.2 to win £4. Word on the forum is that he should be safe, but I'm a bit nervous betting £33 to win £4. Hopefully he'll be safe!

Paid my entry for the GUKPT yesterday at Reading Grosvenor. All went smoothly and I'm also registered for the Friday which means I can sail up at a leisurely pace. I better just confirm that I am on the Friday just before I leave though as getting there and finding out I'm being blinded away would be a bit of a shocker!

Although it's great to win this prize, I'm a little disapointed about the 'bells and whistles' associated with it. I'm not sure what I expected, but some form of note and message of good luck from Virgin would have been nice, but all the did was lump the money into my account, even without telling me, it just appeared. I kind of thought they'd say Well done, and try and get me to wear a Virgin Poker shirt or something like that. Alas, that wasn't to be and I'm just one of a few that's bought their own way in. I'm dead excited to be going though, can't wait but I need to get my live game on in the coming week.

Talking of live game, I didn't realise until today that the next regional APAT game is next Saturday so it's another trip to the Vic for me. That was good fun last time and I'm hoping not to suffer such bad beats this time!

As I've written, I've managed to trade out on the X Factor for a whopping £0.43 profit regardless on who goes out. I'm more comfortable now :)

No comments: