Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Been a while since I updated and I've played a fair amount of poker, but I guess I've been too busy playing Warcraft or watching House (started on season 1 the other day, great program!) to update. This also obviously means I have nothing to brag about so there's nothing being missed.

The staking is still going, I'm not kicked out yet. I've taken some pretty sick beats, normally my kings lose to jacks, but it's all variance and one day it will pay off. Came close last night when I managed 4th in the 10:45 double stack on blonde. The exit was hard to take at 2:30 am - UTG raises to 8k and I repop with KK to 20k. He decided to shove and ends up showing A4o. The 4 on the flop wasn't that much of a concern, but the ace that followed really pissed me off. I'm just amazed that he though A4o was good here - I'd not shown one iffy hand and I'm not even sure I'd 3 bet before without ending up showing AK+, yet A4 it was that took me from 2nd in chips to 4 big blinds instead of propelling me to chip leader with a dominant stack. The $216 saved me asking for a top up though and 4th is 4th afterall. Another final table chalked up.

I've played 51 so far this month on blonde and it's getting close to if I'm going to rake $100 or not. I only need to rake another $16 but the 10pm+ comps are pretty much going to be out the window as I can't cope with 3am nights during the week and on the last day I'm off to Arsenal v Fulham so that doesn't leave a lot left. I guess if I take one down I may be forgiven for not raking what's expected, but I'm still a couple of hundred in make up so the small bonus would probably be welcomed by my backer.

1 comment:

Tinca Tinca said...

Nice result in the DS - keep knocking it will come.

But Obv that A4 is the nuts, what were you thinking KK never wins.