Thursday, February 05, 2009

I have a backer. I have a couple of reservations about being staked for poker, but needs must and I can't afford to play the stakes I want to play on a regular basis so having a backer actually comes in handy. I'm playing the guaranteeds on blonde that are around $30 and under, which is at a level I'd like to play, and whilst I do generally play at this level, I can't do 4 or 5 comps a night without getting a result first, so having a backer is good.

It takes a bit of adjusting changing from the Stars/Tilt structure to the iPoker structure, but I think I'm getting there. I started off fairly badly on my first day (Tuesday) having no cashes in 5, but yesterday went quite well with 3 out of 5 including a 5th place in my highest buy in of the day for $300ish which not only got me out of the small amount of make up I had to clear but leaves me up a couple of hundred.....so far. There's a long way to go till the end of the month, but I was feeling bad about being in make up straight away so it's good to get out. Nice to get my best result in the highest buy in for a change, it usually works the other way round!

As for the tennis betting, well I haven't really had that much time to look at it, but I'm off to a bad start. Not too sure about these events after the grand slam events, it seems like some have had a nice payday and don't give a toss at the moment. Perhaps that's just my excuse for the bad start. I'm not sure why I do sports betting, perhaps I have a small problem. I don't bet big, far from it, only a couple of quid a time, and I don't hide my losses and it's caused no problems, but I do like a punt. I think I have it in my head that it's an easy way to make some money, shame it's not working out really. Ah well.

5 comments:

Tinca Tinca said...

Welcome to the team.
It seems I am letting the side down. Nice start keep it up.

amateur said...

Congrats on getting backed Graham. hopes it proves fruitful.

amcgrath1uk said...

good luck with the backing sir!!

And best of luck for the weekend, reckon you've got a good shot!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck with the backing thing silo, hope you do well out of it :-)

Geo said...

Good luck with the backing Graham.

Geo