Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm sort of running good again at the moment. Even though I still think they are an excellent way of building a bankroll, I've decided against playing the turbo sats. I've failed in too many recently and I'm not sure the turbo structure is my game at the moment. This brought me back to normal length tournaments and so far it's not going too bad. Blonde Poker run a team competition each month in conjunction with Virgin. Top prize is for the person in the winning team with least points (low scores are good) is entered in to the GUKPT for that month and we're currently top of the league with 4 events left and I'm top of our team. I'm not getting overly excited yet because I've been in this situation a couple of months ago with one game left, then I ran aces into 10's who hit twice on the flop, then JJ into 44 who hit 4's on the flop - that was my GUKPT dreams over - two bad beats away from going. Still, this month, I'm more focused.

Blue Sq also run a league with entry and I decided to have a bash at this a week or so ago mainly for the added money they put in, but I've played 5 events and made 4 final tables so far. I'm not going to be far of leading that either when tonights points are added. Not sure how many events are left in that, but I'll keep playing them. Aside from the lovely bonus prizes (entry for 1st, money for 2nd, 3rd & 4th) they're turning in to a nice little earner

I'm still plugging away for the Mansion promo. Playing cash right now and was down a buy in and a half after playing only 3 hands in about an hour, but thankfully someone decided pocket 2's were monsters against my AA and doubled me up then paid me off again on a bluff when I had trip 3's. He's just gone from about $140 to $30 (this is only at NL50) from playing like a donkey!

God bless the fish.

No comments: