Friday, October 12, 2007

Betting

hmmmm rubbish. I did give up and unless Ernie wins, I'll probably be giving up again. I seem to back things that lose a lot. This week, I've lost a bit on Taylor losing to the unknown Gray in the Darts and also tonight had over 2.5 goals in the U21 match. I wouldn't mind so much but it's not like I was making a fortune if they came in, they were such short odds. I really don't know why I bother anyway, I can make more money playing poker than betting the odd few quid here and there. I just like to have winning bets, the amount doesn't really matter, I just can't help it.

That said, I'm not betting like I was before. I've managed to kick that habit - stupid one goal or more bets, trying to trade the (rigged) tennis, all -EV in the long run for me.

It's a weakness, it's probably not too good for me. I'd say I'd stop, but I know I'll have something on Engand v Estonia and again in the Russia game midweek, then it's back to the Premiership/other leagues. I only punt for small change though - that's my only defence.

Neverends!

Not so good is the answer :D

Probably the most enjoyable betting idea I had was to be on every market Betfair offered. I started at the top and worked my way down. I didn't actually make it that far but it was fun. Stuff like Pelota turned in to a nice earner compared to the football bets and I know nothing about it! I didn't even know what it was at the time, but it was interesting looking into things like that - bandy was another one, it was a good 'project' and one I may do again, if I get the urge to deposit again!

No comments: