Monday, June 23, 2008

I think I have to come to the conclusion that I'm not only poor at cash games, I'm pretty awful at sit and go's too. I tried playing the turbos on Stars again and I was really enjoying them to start with. Couldn't do a think wrong at the start and soon made a $100 profit with an ROI of 50% but then somethings happened and I can't catch a break. Where I was cashing about 50% of the time, I'm lucky if I'm cashing 20% of the time at the moment. I'm not quite sure what to do about it, I'm running so bad it's beyond belief and playing 9 tables at a time, you only have to guess at the number of beats I'm taking each session.

So far I've managed to lose about $200. It's not that much I appreciate, but it's only playing the $6.50's so that's a lot of non-cashes. 114 games so far this month - that's a lot for me!

Stats so far

Tourneys 114
ITM 39
ITM% 34.2%
ROI -8.2%
$ per T -$0.53
Bubble survival%60.0%

1st 11 9.6%
2nd 15 13.2%
3rd 13 11.4%
4th 26 22.8%
5th 18 15.8%
6th 12 10.5%
7th 11 9.6%
8th 5 4.4%
9th 3 2.6%
Profit -$60.60

Not sure if I can face more of this for a bit, may take a break and either play some mtt's or take time off.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Probably just varience mate, the more i play sngs, the more I realise how long the "long term" is.

30 buyin downswing is well withing expected varience unless your true roi is like 20% or something.

Someone did a load of maths on it in STTF on 2p2

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=73786

Graham said...

Cheers for that, I'll have a proper read of the 2+2 link when I'm back in the zone.

I know it's variance deep down, I just don't like it and don't really handle it that well. I don't go all moody, it just pisses me off! Not sure I could handle playing them for a living, but 9 tabling has been great fun while it lasted - unfortunately if you don't do well 9xlosing is expensive.

We'll get there.