Sunday, June 15, 2008

The dream of playing in the WSOP is over for another year. I didn't really have a proper bash at it, but earlier in the year I managed to win a sat to a $650 event so I unregistered and took the W$ with the intention of playing the 200 seat guaranteed. I also qualified for Moneymake tourney for $39. I had a bash at a $80 freezeout sat to the 200 but failed so decided to just buy in. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I failed to make the grade so sadly will be staying in the UK this July. My final hand on both tables was AK and rather annoyingly, they were at exactly the same time so I managed to go out of both tourneys in the space of about 5 seconds! I doubt I'll bother with any of the remaining WSOP events though. I've just taken out most of my bankroll to put towards our trip to SA later in the year so I'm feeling poker skint at he moment!

So it's back to grinding results out for a while now. I need to rebuild my roll and will concentrate on that. I've found a few good horses on Neverbeg or whatever it's called now so I'm hoping they'll add to my profits with sit and go series's. I've also started playing the turbo 1 table sng's on Stars again recently. I haven't done many, but I haven't had a losing session yet. I know it's coming, but maybe I'll play them for a while.........again lol. I was even 9 tabling the other day and it went pretty good I think. It's amazing the number of sets/AA/KK you get when you 9 table, I know it's the same as normal, but getting all those hands in in a short period is mental. I never thought I'd be a 9 tabler sit and go pushbot, but if it's going to show a profit, I'll see what I can do. I'll stick to sng's on Stars and play mtt's on mainly blonde I think. I've cashed quite nicely recently and salvaged my $80 and turned it in to just under $600 recently, all by playing mtt's so it's a no brainer I stick with them for now and leave the cash tables alone.

Must also take a couple of days off work soon, I've realised that there are some great tourneys starting around midnight for me and I fancy a few of them.

Right that's it. Best concentrate on this stupid PLH tourney I started an hour ago. Sort of wish I hadn't now, but at least the golf is on.

No comments: