Friday, April 11, 2008

Where I work, it's fairly rural and I've been meaning to bring my camera in for ages. When I forget there's pheasants, deer, hawks and all manner of wildlife about, when I remember, it's rarely there of course.

Yesterday I took my camera in so armed with it and my 300mm zoom lens, I set off in search for a bit. The field to the back has a nice paddock type area at the back of it so I headed there. It was only when I reached the gate I realised that it's an idea to be fairly quiet and if I had been, I may have seen my pray rather than just a fleeting glimpse of furry bottoms leaping away! I stalked them ever so slowly and quietly for a bit and it took me about 20 mins to cross the small paddock. I finally reached a fence where I was going to rest my camera for a shot when the farmer came storming by in his dirty great big combine harvester (or some farming vehicle) spraying is crops and I've never seen deer move so fast away from me! With old steady hands here being in charge, I only really managed a couple of blurred shots. I should have taken my monopod!

Forgot the monopod again of course today, but I did manage to creep better this time and got this shot leaning on the branch of a tree.

Not easy shooting deer, I may need some form of hide.

No comments: