Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Saw The Cult at the Forum on Saturday night and oh what a gig, totally superb live rock band. From the opening with Sun King to the closing with Sweet Soul Sister, it was just relentless. For some reason, when we arrived I was on auto pilot and ended up right at the front in the mosh pit for the gig. I think I must have forgotten my age for a moment. Thankfully everyone else round me was in the same age group and I had a great time. I still ache now, I'm so unfit and the pain of the pit takes it's toll on me these days. Ian threw his tambourine and it landed right by me, but I was too busy saving my life for the umpteenth time to grab it. Rich managed to get a set list that was thrown into the crown, but tbh, it's nothing special. The tamba isn't really, I'm sure he does it every night but it would have been cool. I have some picks on my phone I'll upload soon. Counting Crows are playing in the summer, must get a ticket to see them, I can't forget, I love the Crows. I expect the missus will come with me to this one.

Started on my 'serious' cash game tonight and had a 45 minute session that went ok. I've decided that I'm going to play up to an hour and if things are just plodding or not going well, I'll take a break then fire up again if I feel like it. I used to just sit there all night folding then lose it all in a bored moment, so short bursts are what I'm going to try, with a quick PT review after.

I hit some lovely cards early on, but then not much. Ended up just under $15 up which is 19.19 PTBB/100 which I'm happy enough with. It would have been better had I not lost $4 on the blonde only table, I shouldn't really play those fun games whilst trying to build my BR. My VPIP/PFR was a bit weird at 20/10 but I was limping on someones BB a lot. I have over 1000 hands on him and he folds like 80% of the time to a BB steal so after a few steals, I decided to call/bet the flop and take it that way instead, seemed to work ok anyway.

I'm definitely playing better. My biggest loss on the 'normal' tables was only $1.70 and I had a couple of $%+ wins with Aces, Kings and AK but played much better I think.

For the month of February, which is when I really decided to start even though I had a min month crisis blip, I'm still down $35, but I really did play much better today and I played pretty well yesterday for my Sunday Night Painful Tournaments and only got knocked out by bad beats so I'm in good spirits and looking forward to the next session.

Here's an exciting graph!! See how well I was going before going on tilt. On it's way back up now though, that's all that counts

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment mate. I'll get you linked up.

Richmagpies said...

Cheers for the comment and link. Meant to say I'm off to see The Mission on Saturday at Shepherds Bush Empire and as a Cult fan I'm sure you know them. I know exactly what you mean about being in the pit now the body is not as young as it once was but good to be surrounded by people who are suffering too! lol

Tinca Tinca said...

What a great venue to see a band like the Cult. Glad you enjoyed the pit:) Depending on festivals I will down for the Crows gig.

Graham said...

The Mission are awesome, didn't realise they were still about, it must be 15 years since I've seen them.

I'm to old for the pit, it's been a while since I entered it. I think Linkin Park at Reading was the last time and I was far to old then!

Happy times.

Not sure I'll make the Crows now sadly, it's their only UK date this year too.

Richmagpies said...

Congrats on the big win yesterday! Oh and as for The Mission it is their last ever gig on saturday night! - doing 4 gigs at SBE and playing a different album all the way through plus b sides etc each night! Saturday is gonna be awesome and a little emotional as I first saw them about 20 years ago!