Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I ventured to Sovereign Poker in North Camp last night. I joined in November I think it was, but they're still working with the old rule that you have to wait 24 hours after joining before you can play there. I was a bit apprehensive about playing somewhere new,but I have to complement the club, it's great! There was a mixture of all age groups who were a friendly bunch and every table had a dealer - a good dealer too. I thought that the dealers may not be up to much given that they're on every tournament there, but they were all first class. Side games were also on the go for those who were knocked out early. Didn't do great myself, managed to make the last two tables by not getting into trouble, but I called for the last of my chips with AQ against a raiser who as it turns out, had kings, oops.

Only took me 20 minutes to get there and only took 13 to get back. It's a bit better than the 45 minute minimum each way at The Western.

Great place, fully recommended, will be back.

4 comments:

Tam said...

So the dealers were all first glass.

Is that a typo, or trophy making lingo?

Graham said...

trophy making lingo obv!!

(I'll go change my typo)

Anonymous said...

Did this club close down ? Their home page is showing none of the old tourneys in their schedule... ?

Anonymous said...

Great information! Could you followup on this specific matter?