Thursday, February 14, 2008

I knew I shouldn't have gone back to play some more tonight. I got away lightly earlier and got a bit of a let off and somehow finished a massive dollar up. I was tired, calling to much, raising with average hands I knew I should of folded, but I decided to carry on. Then I lost a bit of a bigish pot to a short stack buy in scummer with a pretty bad beat, but to be fair, I probably shouldn't have got involved to start with. Descission to play tight, next hand AK so I raised to $2.20 (11xBB) preflop and was called by another short annoyance who hit with KQ after I decided to put him all in on the flop. It ended up just him and me HU for a bit and I clawed some back, but he donked it off to some other short buy in pests before I could win it back.

I have stats on a guy that's played over 3000 hands on the network and he's nearly $300 up - that's over 30bb/100 at this level. He's running at VPIP of 10%, PFR of 8% and he doesn't attempt to steal blinds. Gone to showdown 25% of the time and won 65% of the time at showdown. The known hands he's won with are all respectable - I need to be like this. Tomorrow (or whenever) is going to be better. I've had one losing session so far, and that's enough.
.

Anyway, I had to have a losing session sooner or later, and it was sooner. Total loss for the day of $33! OUCH. Getting to $800 isn't going to be easy if I keep doing this.


Total Blonde BR at $140.80

Profit so far $30.94 - Not sure how this is worked because I'm sure I started on $60, but I'll go with it for ease of figures. Perhaps the rest is on my lappy.

BB/100 - a dissapointing 4.11 after tonight

1 comment:

Mark said...

Regarding the guy playing 10/8 that is ridiculously tight. It is probably a winning style at the micros but that style will become redundant at higher levels.

Also his won at showdown of 65% is running insanely hot, mid 50's should be the highest long term numberthat is realistic.