Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Thursday game went absolutely terrible last week and I managed to get a worst ever performance in. At the second level, I'm on the button with A5, couple of callers round to me, SB completes, BB checks. Flop comes A 2 5, check to me, I bet about the pot (300 or so). Small blind calls, rest fold. Between the flop and the river, I manage to get most of my chips in and am a bit disapointed when he shows trip 2's. Chips!!

Next level, I'm in fairly early position with pocket tens, raise 3xBB to 300, same guy as before to my left calls, rest, bar one who only has a couple of hundred of his first lot of chips left, all fold. Flop comes 8 high, no real danger execept a flush draw but I bet 1000 into the pot to chase him off. He flat calls. I'm only left with 525 so when the turn brings another under card to my pair, I ship it in and he shows KK and I'm off home before the first break!

Clearly I was a bit disapointed at this. I've seen the guy before but never been on his table, at least I know he's quite a passive player now! Still, I had my camera with me and I took off to London and took some snaps. Wembely was my first port of call as it's only round the corner. WOW is all I can say, that's one impressive building. Off into town but parking in London isn't that easy and I was struggling to find anywhere. Didn't fancy ditching the car and then wandering round at night down alleys with a nice camera and my tripod, but I drove over Waterloo bridge and spotted my shot and thankfully you can pull up on it. Quick shifty onto the other side of the bridge brought shots of St Pauls, but they are a bit blurred, possibley due to me not working out how to do mirror lock in the force 5 winds that seemed to be blowing into me on that side. The London Eye side wasn't too bad, I think given the kit lens, it's probably the best I could have done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G Great shots mate - you have a good eye.

Graham said...

Thanks Mr Anonymous. I'm just starting in photography and hopefully will improve with time :)