Sunday, October 21, 2007

Well it was for me anyway. It was the final event of the week in the Blue Square league - a $25 freezeout with $500 added and I managed to take it down for $540. I was very pleased with my 3 way and heads up game play. It's quite often been a weakness of mine. I was short stacked when there was three left but I made some great plays (even if I do say so myself) and managed to become the CL when it was heads up and didn't really look back. I managed to continue my aggression and took it down. This extends my lead at the top of the league with only 5 events to go. I'm easily catchable so I must make sure I have some more good results this week. I'm determined to win the GUKPT seat in either this or the Blonde poker league.

Also made 79th in the Mansion $110k for $405, not to bad considering I was freerolling into it. I lost one key hand in this with KK against 99 and AQ. The pot would have moved me into 2nd but the ace showed on the flop and I was down to dangerous levels, but I held on through the bubble and somehow lucked 79th. Incidentally, I noticed Zpaceman just missed out of the money. I guess he wasn't fussed about just squeezing in like me, but nice to notice him. I'd have watched him for a bit had I noticed earlier, it was only when I was watching for other shorties I noticed him.

Also made a bit on the cash tables tonight and I think it's the most money I've made in one night for me tonight. I'm certainly pleased with my results tonight. So pleased with taking down the Blue Sq event, even if it was only a low runner tournament, the points mean lots to me (as does $540!)

2 comments:

Tinca Tinca said...

Good nights work (ex) Captain. Hope your quest is fruitfull in one avenue or the other - oh my you might win both :)

Graham said...

thanks mate, but I feel I may have blown both chances. Will try hard though, this has to happen!