Monday, October 29, 2007

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gutted. In fact, I don't think I've ever been a bit disappointed having won over $1000 in an evening. Hell, I've only done it once before and that was last Sunday!

The reason for my disappointment was the poor showing in the last event of the Blue Sq league. I only managed 12th but I don't think there was anything I could have done about it. I was dealt two nice hands all tournament. Firstly AKo utg. I flat called but the next to act raised to 360. Blinds were only at 40/80 so there was no need to panic yet and after calling and losing with AKs the other day, I chose to fold. The total rubbish came my way until I had only 400 chips left. The blinds increased to 150/300 and I saw JJ so I shoved them in....along with AA, TT and 66. 66 took the pot after hitting trips and my GUKPT quest was over. Matey I needed to finish above went on to finish 6 and take the seat.

On the plus side, I did get 2nd spot which is good for $500. I also cashed in the Mansion $150k for $495 and made the money in the Stars lottery $10 $100k.

Overall though, it was a great night. The second week in a row I've collected more than $1000 which is amazing.

No comments: