Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm not sure I'm destined to qualify for a major live poker tournament. Without a doubt, I was in the driving seat for two seats to the GUKPT but sort of blew the blonde league one last Tuesday but was in good shape in the Blue Sq league. Last night I settled down to the $5 rebuy PLO penultimate BSQ event, the APAT mtt, the blonde penultimate event and was also scheduled to play in the $50 rebuy on Mansion. All going ok when I recieved a call from my best mate. He became a father for the first time over the weekend, but the poor wee fella has jaundice quite badly and has been taken back to hospital. Anyway he called to see if I fancied a pint or two as he didn't want to be alone really and just wanted a chat. Obviously I went but sadly that was it for the tourneys. Thankfully I managed to double up in the blonde one and blinded out in 8th, but the APAT one did nothing and the Blue Square one I blinded out in 20th. The unfortunate thing being that the one person in the league I didn't want to do well either, won the event and I think we're now level on points with one event left and now it's really all to play for, but to be honest, I'm not feeling that confident either. I've seen a lovely 22 point lead vanish in two or three events.

I have my own Mastercard advert

3 tickets to The Tweenies - £45
Parking, petrol and food - £22
Time out to drive to oxford and back - 2.5 hours
Heather deciding she really didn't like the Tweenies live from the 1st minute - priceless :(

Yep, as soon as they came on stage, she didn't like it and bless her, she was really upset about it too. She did manage to make it to the interval though when she whispered "can we go home now" all sadly again, so we left. We were talking to another Mum with her children and she said they either love it or hate it. It's apparently common for the children to hate it live and in fact there were quite a few kids crying in the theatre. I enjoyed what we saw anyway! Obviously we finished early so Amber decided that, well, she asked and I said yes, to a visit to John Lewis on the way home. Mistake No 1. By the end of that, I was shopped out. Then it was off to Asda, Mistake No 2. We spent 20 mins finding a parking space (this is a bad sign) 10 minutes shopping and half a bloody hour in a queue to pay. I hate Asda, it ranks higher up my hate list than Ikea, it's just a grotty place.

Thankfully I'm home now. Hoping to go to the cinema tonight.

No comments: