Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Not updated for a while but I have been playing. I've kind of avoided mtt's for the last few days with the exception of the Mansion promo ones (which I somehow qualified for again) but have had no decent results. I've tried to concentrate in working off the Full Tilt bonus. I started off with limit poker, playing $2/$4 but I seem to be very poor at limit and I ended up losing about $150 before I got fed up and moved back to $0.50/$1.00 NLHE. Things improved a bit here and I managed to win back my losses which I was over the moon about. Then I played $0.25/$0/50 yesterday and managed to win a whole dollar for about two hours playing, but I wasn't that bothered as I had earned points towards my bonus and I'm happy to just be playing. Plus, even a dollar profit is profit! Anyway, today I played $0.25/$0.50 again and made $135 profit! Best night yet for me I think. Hit a few flops which helped, but I think I played better, the most I lost in a hand was only $5, I just didn't take many risks. The biggest pot of the night for me was when some guy tried to make pot sized bets after he hit two pair on the flop, but I had a flush draw and a straight draw and felt that the risk was worth it. Thankfully I hit on the river and took the $80 pot. It was only $40 after the turn, but he called my bet to put him all in, despite the flush being obvious. I think he may have tilted as he's down $170 ish for the time I was on there.

Pleased playing cheap NLHE at the moment, I don't think I'll bother moving up to $0.50/$1.00 just yet, I'm happy playing at the lower level and there's certainly the pots there for it. Also, the next level is technically out of my bankroll, but to be honest, I've never let that stop me before!

Also been playing a few $10 stt's which I'm quite enjoying - fire one up and a cash game and I'm sorted really. Good for the bonus requirement and good for the bankroll at the moment.

I'm still very very tempted to join Cardrunners. It's just the sign up fee putting me off. I'd happily pay a year up front if they would waiver the sign up fees. We shall see.

Very pleased tonight, showing a profit on my initial deposit - it's about time. Now I need to not get over confident and just play as I have been.

Oh rakeback, got just over $40 for playing on Blonde last month. Better than nothing, but I guess at my levels, it's not really worth worrying too much about rakeback if you prefer other sites. Be interesting to see what I get for April on Full Tilt. I quite like FT, it's suiting my game at the moment so if I can get a nice amount in cash back too, I may well stay here.

No comments: