Friday, December 07, 2007

Missed out on the Mansion promo this week, but I think it was because I dropped down a cash level. Moved back up to NL100 and was going ok till tonight. I was so so patient then I had AK and AA in two hands, raised to $3 and took the blinds. Then nothing for ages until I wake up to KK. I'm UTG so I just raised to $3, someone else raised to $10 and there's a caller - happy days? I push in and they both call, both having aces. No need to say anymore.

Meanwhile on my other table, I have 99 and limp in, hit top set on a 5 8 9 board and it's to me so I check. Matey bets $4.5 into a $3 pot so I assumed he was betting against draws so I flat call. Turn brings a 7, OK not too happy now, but I bet the pot and he moves in, which I call but he's already hit the straight with his JT. Apparently over betting the pot means it's a draw with him, crazy. No more to say here either.

Two buy in's gone in the space of about 20 seconds and thus ends a bad night for me. I hope the loss is enough to get me in the tourneys next week!

No comments: