Saturday, December 01, 2007

After a busy week at work, I decided to pop to The Western for the freezeout last night. Nearly didn't make it due to bed time duties and also the crappy traffic on Hanger Lane. I was at the lights to go on to the roundabout for Hanger Lane at about 8.12pm, it was 28 past by the time I got off it. It's just shit. Oh that reminds me, I need to look up what 'sklep' means.

Anyway, made it in time, sat down, got moved, sat down again, played a few hands, moved again and finally settled down. I don't really think I got going during the first period but just before the break I managed to win a few and was about average again. Nothing then till I made a raise with 7's only to be put in but I was pretty committed so I called and thankfully he had 6's. The only other bits of bother I got into were with AQ to be called by 10's but thankfully I hit my ace and doubled up. With 14 left, I was obviously wanting to make the FT which thankfully I did as it seemed to take no time at all to get there. Nothing much happened there apart from sneeking a few blinds to keep up, then I doubled up with KK, took another pot with AT (I think it was) and all of a sudden we're down to 4. UTG with AK, I raised to 12k and the guy to my left pushed. He had me covered and I made the call and I was relieved to see AQ until the Q came on the flop and that was that. Disappointed to go out obviously but pleased with 4th. Think I played ok too. I was quite card dead for ages but I kept focus and didn't really get my chips in in desperation which I'm pleased about.

Looking forward to next time now.

No comments: