Monday, December 31, 2007

It's dawned on me that I'm perhaps finishing in the money too much without getting a decent spot in the money, basically, I'm paying for myself some of the time, but not actually making anything.

So tonight I tried to open up a bit more. I just hasn't particularly worked out well. I seem to have got away with things a few times, but I'm exiting competitions in such a sad way it's just unbearable. My last competition exits have been AK (me) being called by AT, AQ called by KT, QQ beaten by TT and 9T being called by 87. I wouldn't mind but they've all called my bets and just beaten me.

I'm currently running ok in a Party $33 event which hopefully will cheer me up otherwise it's a grim end to the year for me having spunked my Stars account yet again.

Plan for the New Year,

Avoid Stars again - trouble is they have the best comps by far. Not only in terms of structure, but times and buy ins too.

OK avoiding Stars doesn't make that much sense. Well it does, but I don't want to so I'll cut down on Stars. I'll try and only play one or two of the $22 with 1 rebuy/addon or one $55 per week there and avoid the other ones I play. Perhaps the 360 max player $16.50 would be a good one for me. I can do it, I know I can, I just need to tweak something and as soon as I find out what it is, I will!

Watch the Cardrunners mtt vids - I must do more of this, I don't do enough. Must take notes where applicable.

What's that saying, if you don't recognise the fish after being sat at a table for 30 mins......... Trouble is I've been sat at it for over 2 years now.

1 comment:

Grier said...

Hey Graham, sounds like you are doing the right thing when it comes to showdowns and getting unlucky. I reckon you will probably get a big cash fairly soon as you seem to have a good attitude towards poker. I wish you the best of luck.