Saturday, October 21, 2006

Quite a nice poker day today - nothing major but I joined Bet365 to play some of the freerolls they are having and joined in the $5k one. Didn't win big money but I did make $6 lol! Still profit is profit.

Logged on to Stars to see what was happening and I saw a $5 rebuy for a sat to a $175 double shootout WPT Bahamas. Wasn't going to rebuy but then I decided too, then I lost an all in and rebought, then I wasn't going to have an add on but I worked out that about 30 seats were going to be going so I rebought too! $20 invested.

Was pretty low stacked then this http://www.pokerhand.org/?569272 . May as well go for it, lots of callers and if I hit, then I'm well in things. The big stacks would surely call the extra and the raise payed off.
Then someone made a move when I had AA http://www.pokerhand.org/?569278, that was handy too. Next hand I folded pocket 10's to a raise, then a reraise. I didn't want to lose what I'd just built up so I folded. Couple of hands later and http://www.pokerhand.org/?569281 I'm in again! Then AKo http://www.pokerhand.org/?569282 and I'm in again!

It's all going amazing, this is all within a round or so of the table, getting excited when I get 10's again http://www.pokerhand.org/?569284 I wasn't sure if I should have reraised or not preflop, then the scarey flop made me just check too. Bit of my hard work undone

Bubble time for the money ($9 then two lots of $33 then 31 entries to the $175) and I'm on 16k in chips and the blinds move to 6k/12k on my BB! Gutted. Luckily it all folds round to the small blind who has 7k and I'm praying that he works out that if he folds, he'll still have 7k and we'll probably both qualify. Had he moved, I'd have had to call for the extra 1k. Thankfully he did fold and we all made it!

Cashed out my W$175. Not really in to double shootouts, especially for $175. I'll put them to use on some EPT events I think.

On the betting front, it's more good news.

The plus 1 goal so far..

11. Chelsea v Portsmouth £29.51 @ 1.07 won
New Balance £31.56
12. Monaco v Toulouse £31.56 @ 1.11 won
New Balance £35.00

And....I've started a new betting project to work alongside the +1 goal. Same market, but laying from the start and trading off after say 20 mins or whenever the odds move up a nice bit.

1. Villa Real v Levente - £25 layed at 1.10, backed at 1.20 for £2.06 profit
2. Deportivo v Athletico Madrid - £25 layed at 1.11, backed at 1.30 for a £3.61 profit

This is still early doors for me so I'll limit my potential losses for now, but the next lay will be for £50 probably (around £5 liability). I like this one too, but an early goal cocks things up. On the plus side, you're not risking a lot but can win quite a bit. Also, it was my own idea!

All winnings include Betfairs commision which is why they appear not to add up.

No comments: