Thursday, August 06, 2009

I think I just suck at poker. I'm not one that is capable of grinding out a bankroll from nothing. I'm not even sure I can keep one once I have one. Not everyone in the world can be good at poker, there has to be some bad players, it's the way things work.

Clearly this comes following a bad swing. I did build up a couple of hundred on Stars and blonde playing PLO20/PLO25 but have since lost it leaving me nearly busto yet again. Sure there are bad beats in there and 'variance' but I expect a better player wouldn't have lost so much.

I don't really care now to be honest, I'm accepting my role in poker - a recreational player that sometimes has a nice score.

After the PLO, I played a couple of tourneys again and I have to say, I do prefer them. In my last few, I was 72 (just itm) of 464 in a PLO comp, 179 of 5219, 13th of 180 and 4th of 180 in my two 180 man sit and go's last night and came 30something in the iPoker $30k for $140ish the other night. I think there's only been 4 comps I haven't cashed in in the last couple of days and whilst it's nothing major, money in is better than money out.

I think the problem is that I get bored with the bad runs in tourneys, and I get bored playing the low stakes buy in ones where winning either means you're still in the same buy in or you have to get through 5000 people. The staking thing was great for playing better comps, but there's just not enough of them at realistic times for me on iPoker, but at the same time, I think I prefer playing on my own dime too. Given that if you quit, you pay back any make up, I wonder how deep stakers allow you go before calling it a day. I'd have hated to be in for £1000+ and wanting to quit, the £600 sucked enough, just curious how deep one can go.

In the mean time, back to playing tourneys, probably switching to stt's when I get bored (I love 9 tabling on Stars and I'm prob break even or there abouts)

and in the words of Nina Simone...

And I'm feeling gooooooood.

12 comments:

Poker-on-line said...

I’m fascinated by how well you laid out your Trying Hard posts and presented your views. Thank you, i visit your Trying Hard blog next time.
--------------------------
Mania-poker

No Deposit Poker said...

Nearly 30 million active players per month on this game of texas holdem poker proposed by those who have the biggest games on Facebook: Zynga (Farmville, Mafia Wars, ...). Play with your friends or meet new players to measure yourself and see who is the best. Throughout your parts you can receive or send gifts and more, prices and special tournaments are organized every week, which really become famous on the circuit.

Poker said...

This is extremely impressive text. I like how you brought forward many clear viewpoints and I agree with many. Your Trying Hard articles coaxes thought out of the reader from start to finish. I really like Trying Hard.
free starting capital

Panharith said...

This is extremely impressive text.




Goldenslot สล็อต
goldenslot mobile

thanida said...

Thanks for the great ideas this blog post has some nice helpful tips.Very nice post and explanation is good, I’m a big fan of you
เว็บย่อลิ้ง
เว็บย่อลิ้งค์
ย่อลิ้ง
ย่อurl
ย่อเว็บ

Pgslot vs slotxo said...

Pgslot vs slotxo ทั้งสองค่ายเกมแตกต่างกันอย่างไร มีเกมอะไรที่น่าสนใจบ้างเรามาดูกัน การชนกันจาก 2 ค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ชื่อดังสองค่าย ห้ำหั่นกันในเว็บของเรา PG-SLOT.GAME

Pg slot said...

pg slot game

Pg slot said...

สล็อตเว็บตรง ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี ธนาคาร ไม่มี ขั้น ต่ํา

Slot เว็บ ตรง said...

Slot เว็บ ตรง มองดูไม่เสริมเติมกว่า PG SLOT 2022 เว็บของพวกเรา นําเสนอเกมสล็อตที่นานัปการซึ่งจะทําให้ท่านเพลินใจได้นานหลายชั่วโมง นี่เป็นคุณประโยชน์บางประการของการเล่นเกม

ทางเข้าslot joker123 said...

ทางเข้าslot joker123 สามารถ เข้า ต้องการลงทะเบียนเป็นสมาชิก PG SLOT ตอนไหนก็ได้ สมัครได้เลย การลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิกแบบไม่จำกัดเวลา สล็อต ทำให้บรรดานักเล่นการพนันเยอะมาก Gaming

โปร สล็อต pg slot said...

โปร สล็อต pg slot จากเว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ PG-SLOT.GAME ที่ยกเกมสล็อตออนไลน์จากค่ายดังมาอย่างหลากหลายค่ายเกม เช่น pg slot jili joker และอื่นๆอีกมากมายในเว็บเดียว มาแรง 2022

joker123 said...

Joker123 ที่พวกเราพรีเซ็นท์ เกมออนไลน์ได้เงินจริง ที่ตื่นเต้นเยอะแยะ กราฟฟิกงามไม่มีอันตราย ให้คุณเพลินและก็ศึกษาและทำการค้นพบระยะเวลาที่ความสนุกที่ pg และก็คุ้มค่ามาก