Sunday, December 16, 2007

Poker is a funny old game and she doesn't take many prisoners. I've been feeling particularly sorry for myself recently as I've just been unable to cash in any tournament I've played in for what seems ages. Not only that, I've lost all my races, my aces keep getting cracked, I can't get people of flush draws regardless on the amounts I raise - you get the picture? Anyway, it does get me down I'll be honest.

I didn't think tonight was going to be much different after I had my aces beaten by 99 early on in the $30k on iPoker. I also managed to suffer some bad beats in a couple of 180 man sng's I was playing, but in the Blue Sq league event, things suddenly started going my way. I had a nice run of cards that all held up, made the FT as CL, took out a couple more people, then lucked out when my 77 beat TT and ended up coming 3rd for a small profit. In all honesty, bit disappointed not to win, but overall, delighted with 3rd. I'm even more happy with the boost to the bankroll which is pretty much what I've probably lost recently.

Not only that, but I'm hanging around in the massive Stars $100k. Only 20,000 runners to get through, but we're down to the last 1315 at the moment and OK I am struggling, but I'm on enough cash to make up for earlier losses in a sat I played to the Sunday Million.

As things would have it, it's turned out to be an ok night for me. I can't tell you how pleased I am to finally make a couple of cashes, it really does make it all worth while!

It's a funny old game!

No comments: